Who I Am
I’m a forty-year-old stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) that’s always had a passion for reading and writing. I currently live in California with my beautiful family: husband, two kids, dog, barn cat, and a handful of chickens (although I hope to live in Oregon someday).
Why A Blog?
- I need a space to write that’s not just my private journal
- I want to connect with other people and hear their thoughts about my writing
- Accountability for my NYRs (see below)
- A footprint – this blog will show my daily writing: the good, the bad, the ugly. The pre-polished turds, if you will
- If my kids ever feel they don’t know who I am/was, this’ll be somewhere they can turn to
My New Year’s Resolutions
(yes, these are the actual NYRs I sent my family/friends)
- continue practicing gratitude
- continue spending time with family and friends
- continue my self-care regime: non-inflammatory eating, 3x weekly + sauna time, exercise, monthly massage
- spend more time outside (1000 Hours Outside challenge)
- write for one hour every day (see, accountability, from above)
- submit at least one piece for publication each month
- read at least one book a month
- take a stained glass making class
So now you know a little about me and a little about what I’m attempting to do here. All of my posts will be my one hour daily writings (even if they’re terrible, #writeonehour ). My hope is that these writings may later become something publishable. In the meantime, I’d love to hear your thoughts about what I write (preferably encouraging things…I’m not trying to tell you what to do, just hoping). Enjoy!
Oh, and if you don’t know where to go from here and you aren’t used to the traditional style of a blog being in reverse chronological order, you may prefer to pick the posts you read from my Blog Index which is updated with each new blog posted and it’s category.